Girl Scout Cookies , Chef Jeff Henderson, Aired on Tue 9/1
No Bake, Easy Dessert
The Back Story
WHAT TO GET
1 pound cream cheese, softened to room temp
¾ cup organic raw sugar
2 cups freshly hand whipped cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup blueberries
1 box girl scout shortbread cookies, crumbled
a stick melted butter
mint tips for garnish
WHAT TO DO
1. In mixer, blend cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until whipped consistency.
2. slowly incorporate whipped cream, not blending too much.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix shortbread cookies and butter until butter is incorporated.
4. In small pie shells, press crust mixture into pie shells evenly on bottom and sides
5. place 4 or 5 blueberries on top crust
6. spoon in filling mixture on top blueberries up to the rim
7. garnish with mint top
Meet the Guest Stars
Chef Jeff Henderson rose from humble beginnings in South Central Los Angeles to become the first African-American executive chef at the Bellagio Hotel. He has gone on to become a successful TV host with a cable show on the Food Network, a nationally syndicated series called, Family Style with Chef Jeff and the host of Flip My Food. When he isn’t cooking on TV he’s a highly sought-after motivational speaker, sharing the secrets of realizing your potential at... (full profile)
- Bake the graham cracker crust for 8 to 12 minutes, set aside to cool
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks with the sugar, and vanilla, then set aside
- Whip the cream cheese until smooth and gently fold in the cream cheese into the whipped cream in 3 batches, careful not to break the peaks
- Smooth out the top of the cheesecake and set in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours, then garnish with the strawberries
- When ready to serve top with some melted chocolate sauce
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 baskets of strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 graham cracker crust, (can be store-bought)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup organic white sugar
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- Sauté garlic and shallot with olive oil/butter blend in a deep saucepan.
- Add half & half when shallots have softened.
- When mixture is warm, add cheeses.
- Stir to incorporate cheese before adding pasta and parsley.
- Mix pasta until coated in cheese sauce.
- Mix in crab meat.
- Garnish with additional shredded cheese and parsley.
- Serve, and enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil/butter blend
- 1 tablespoon rough chopped garlic
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cups half & half
- 2 cups. low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup smoked Gouda
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 1 cup lump crab meat