Seafood Bloody Mary
Amazing Appetizers , Chef Jeff Henderson, Aired on Wed 6/8
Shrimp, Brunch, Bloody Mary
The Back Story
Seafood Bloody Mary
Frank Brigtsen – Brigtsen’s Restaurant
2 Tablespoons pomace olive oil
½ cup finely diced carrot
1 ½ cups finely diced celery
2 Tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 each anchovy filet
4 teaspoons celery salt
1 teaspoon celery seeds
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons granulated onion
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
6 cups puréed canned tomatoes
2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
½ teaspoon white vinegar
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons Crystal hot sauce
1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons lime juice
1) Heat the olive oil in a pot over high heat. Add the carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the celery becomes soft.
2) Reduce heat to low. Add the parsley, anchovy, celery salt, celery seeds, garlic, onion, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
3) Add the tomato purée, sugar, and vinegar. Stir until well blended. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Add the Worcestershire Sauce, horseradish, soy sauce, Crystal Hot Sauce, lemon juice, and lime juice. Whisk until well blended. Remove from heat and purée the mixture.
5) Transfer to a plastic container and refrigerate until fully chilled.
6) Serve with boiled shrimp, chilled crab claws, and chilled sautéed jumbo lump crabmeat. Garnish with sliced lemon and celery leaves.
Meet the Guest Stars
Chef Jeff Henderson rose from humble beginnings in South Central Los Angeles to become the first African-American executive chef at the Bellagio Hotel. He has gone on to become a successful TV host with a cable show on the Food Network, a nationally syndicated series called, Family Style with Chef Jeff and the host of Flip My Food. When he isn’t cooking on TV he’s a highly sought-after motivational speaker, sharing the secrets of realizing your potential at... (full profile)