Whisky “Banana Parfait” with Roasted Maple-Pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss pecans, maple syrup and salt on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake until maple syrup is caramelized and pecans are toasted, 10-15 minutes. After pecans have cooled, rough chop and set aside.
2. Bring whiskey, white and brown sugar, and butter to a boil in a large skillet. Turn off heat and stir mixture to dissolve sugar.
3. Return to medium heat and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Add bananas and stir occasionally until bananas have softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let bananas and sauce cool in skillet.
4. Layer bananas and sauce, pecans, and yogurt in small mason jars. Serve immediately.
Be careful not to move pan with whisky rye while cooking, pan may flame up.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¾ cup rye whiskey
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt