Vanilla Sugar Cookies
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until well combined. With the mixer on low speed, gradually incorporate the flour mixture until well combined.
4. Pour vanilla sugar into a shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in vanilla sugar. Place sugar-coated dough onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set, light and golden around the edges. Cool for 3-4 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle remaining vanilla sugar on cookies for more sweetness, if desired.
1. Pour sugar into an airtight container or zip lock bag.
2. Slice vanilla bean in half lengthwise.
3. Scrape out seeds with the back of knife and stir the specks into the sugar and bury the bean pod in the sugar.
4. Store your vanilla sugar until ready to use.
- 2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. vanilla sugar (see recipe)
- 2 c. of sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split