Toasted Muffuletta Sandwich
1. Heat oven 375 degrees
2. Cut the round bread in half-length wise.
3. Brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil. Toast bread in broiler oven or in a hot sauté pan until well toasted.
4. Layer salami, ham, mortadella on the bottom half of the bread. Top meat with cheeses.
5. Spread olive salad over cheeses and top with endive. Put the other half of the bread on top and carefully press down without smashing the bread.
6. Place sandwich on hot plate and put in oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese. Remove from oven, place sandwich on flat surface and slice in 4 pieces. Use a wooden skewer to hold sandwich together and serve with your favorite side.
- 1 loaf round Italian bread
- 3 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Italian olive salad, ready made
- ¼ lb. Genoa salami
- ¼ lb. Capicola or deli ham, thinly sliced
- ¼ lb. Mortadella, thinly sliced
- ⅛ lb. sliced Mozzarella, thinly sliced
- ⅛ lb. select Italian cheese
- ⅛ lb. Provolone, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of select Italian olives
- 3 endive heads, shredded