Thai Style BBQ Duck Lettuce Cups
WHAT TO DO
1. Wash lettuce leaves and dry with paper towel. Set aside.
2. In a very hot large heavy skillet or wok, add olive oil, chilies, garlic and ginger. Sauté until caramelized.
3. Add diced chicken to pan and cook for 2-3 minute. Add soy sauce, hoisin, water chestnuts, cashews and lime juice. Cook for an about 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and toss in coriander, Thai basil, scallions and bean sprouts. Spoon mixture into center of lettuce cups and serve.
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Dash of olive oil
- 2 Thai chili’s, mild and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cups ready made chicken, skin removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- ½ cup water chestnuts, chopped roughly
- ½ cup toasted chestnuts, crushed
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves, julienne
- 2 scallions, cut on the bias