Spicy Sausage & Crawfish Spaghetti Casserole
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
2. In a large Dutch oven or cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onions, bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic. Let ingredients cook until caramelized. Add ground beef, sausage and crawfish. Cook meat until beef is no longer pink. Break up beef into crumbles, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Drain off fat and stir in spaghetti sauce, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Season to taste; stir occasionally. Add cheese
4. Bake at about 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheeses have melted. Remove from oven and serve.
- ½ lb. spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ medium green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 lb. spicy sausage
- ¾ lb. crawfish tails, whole and cleaned
- ½ cup black olives
- 1 16 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1½ cups smoked cheddar cheese, grated