Southern Shrimp Ceviche with Avocado
WHAT TO DO
1. In a large bowl, combine rock shrimp, garlic jalapeño, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, red onion, salt and black pepper.
2. Mix shrimp in lime juice mixture and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until shrimp has turned white.
3. When ready to serve, add watermelon and avocado.
- 1 lb. rock shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice, about 8 to10 limes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped and stems removed
- ½ red onion, small diced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, fine ground
- ¼ seedless sweet watermelon, small diced
- 1 avocado, diced