Smoked Duck Egg Breakfast Melt
WHAT TO DO
1. Add duck fat or butter to a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Let fat melt and add bread to pan. Sprinkle cheese evenly on bread and cook until cheese melts and bread is toasted. Remove from pan and add desired amount of cranberry sauce on 1 slice of bread; set aside.
2. In a small nonstick pan add butter. Once butter has melted crack eggs in pan with yolk in tack. Fry until desired doneness. Season with salt a black pepper.
3. Place smoked turkey and fried eggs atop toast. Top with other slice of bread. Cut in half and serve.
- 1 tbsp. duck fat or butter
- 4 slices country bread
- 8 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. homemade cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 smoked or regular duck eggs
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 smoked duck breast, sliced