Skillet Pineapple Upside-Down Cake with Bing Cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix brown sugar and butter together. Spread evenly in the bottom of an 8-inch cast-iron skillet or cake pan with a wooden spoon. Arrange the pineapple slices on top of mixture in pan and set aside.
3. Beat eggs together in mixing bowl. Add sugar and mix well. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and pineapple juice. Mix until blended. Pour batter evenly over pineapple rings.
4. Place skillet in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool skillet for 15 minutes. Place a serving plate over pan and flip cake onto plate. Place a Bing cherry inside each pineapple ring and serve it up with your favorite ice cream.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 16-ounce cans pineapple slices, drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 8 maraschino cherries