Shrimp Dirty Rice
WHAT YOU NEED
1.) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add greens and sauté for 2 minutes.
2.) Reduce heat to medium and add butter to pan. Add onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Sauté vegetables until softened, about 5 minutes.
3.) Season shrimp with creole seasoning. Add shrimp to pan and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove pan from heat and toss in rice, tomatoes, scallions and serve.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 Collard greens leaves, washed, stems removed and cut into narrow strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and halved
- 2 teaspoons of creole seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 scallions including green tops, chopped