Red Chili Chinese Chicken
WHAT TO DO
1. In a hot cast iron skillet add red pepper oil, garlic and chilies. Sauté until fragrant. Remove ingredients from pan and set aside.
2. Add the chopped chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Toss chicken, garlic, and red chilies. Season with salt and stir thoroughly.
3. Once the chicken is almost cooked add chili sauce, tomato puree, soy sauce and sugar. Cook until the sauce starts to reduce. In a bowl, add a scoop of steamed white rice. Spoon Chinese chicken over rice and garnish with basil and black sesame seeds.
- 2-3 tbsp. red pepper oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 red and green chilies, chopped
- 1 c. chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp. chili sauce
- 4 tsp. tomato puree
- 1 dash soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 c. steam white rice, cooked
- 7-8 basil leaves, sliced (for garnish)
- Black sesame seeds, (for garnish)