Potato Crusted Chilean Sea Bass
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Season fish with salt and pepper. Gently brush honey mustard on top side of fish. Take each piece of fish mustard side up, and gently coat fish with crushed potato chips.
3. Add olive oil to a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place fish bottom side down into pan, cook for about 1-2 minutes. Place pan into the oven and roast for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove pan from oven and allow fish to rest.
4. Drain peas and set aside. In a large Dutch oven add olive oil, butter, Tasso, onions, bell peppers and celery; cook for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add garlic and pepper flakes to pot and cook until garlic becomes fragrant.
5. Add peas to Dutch oven and cover with chicken stock. Turn heat to high until stock comes to a rolling boil; then reduce to a simmer. Add salt, pepper, bay leaf, herb bundle and smoked turkey to pot. Skim and discard any foam that rises to the surface. Simmer peas for 1 to 1 ½ hours, or until tender. Throughout cooking, add stock if necessary, keeping liquid level ½ inch above peas. Stir peas occasionally. Add chopped okra and tomatoes to pot and cook for 3-5 minutes; remove from heat. Spoon peas into a bowl, place fish atop and garnish with chives.
- 3-six oz. pieces Chilean sea bass, center cut
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. honey mustard
- ¾ cups kettle cooked BBQ potato chips, crushed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- tbsp. fresh tiny chives, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (for peas)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ c. smoked Tasso ham, diced
- ½ yellow onion, small diced
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and small diced
- 2 celery ribs, small diced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. black-eyed peas, soaked overnight
- 6-8 c. dark chicken stock
- 2 pinches Kosher salt
- 2 pinches ground pepper
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 small bundle of fresh thyme, tied with butcher string
- ½ lb. all natural smoked turkey necks, cut into pieces and placed in cheese cloth
- 1 c. fresh okra, sliced
- 1 whole creole tomato, small diced