Orzo Pasta with Shrimp and Fava Beans
What To Do
1. Over high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fava beans and blanch for about 3 minutes. Transfer the beans into a bowl of ice water. Set aside.
2. In the same pot, add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add orzo and cook until al dente. Drain orzo and set aside.
3. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil. After butter has melted, add onions and garlic. Sauté until soft, about 1 minute. Add shrimp to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Turn shrimp once and cook until bright pink.
4. Add Orzo pasta, fava beans, parsley and cheese to skillet. Toss thoroughly and place in a bowl. Serve immediately.
- 3 cups of water
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup fava beans, shelled and boiled
- 1 ½ cup orzo
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese