Hot Sausage Macaroni & Cheese
What To Do
1. Heat a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add butter, sausage and vegetables to pan. Sauté 4 minutes or until sausage has browned. Take pan off heat and set aside. Combine cream and flour in a small bowl. Stir well with a whisk. Add cream mixture to pan and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium.
2. Add cheeses and cook for 3 minutes or until cheeses have melted. Stir in pasta and garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups hot sausages, diced
- 3 tablespoons yellow onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups penne macaroni, cooked al dente
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped (optional)