Hot Sausage and Cheese Po Boy
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 2 tablespoons of butter over French bread and put on a sheet pan. Place bread into oven for 3-5 minutes or until toasted. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. Crack eggs into a medium bowl and beat until blended. Season eggs with salt and pepper and set aside. Place sausage into a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Fry sausage for 4 minutes. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat add olive oil. Add onions, bell peppers and celery to skillet. Sauté until softened about for 3-4 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside. Add remaining butter to skillet. Pour eggs into skillet and scramble to desired doneness. Remove eggs from skillet and set aside.
3. In saucepan over medium heat add white wine and cream. Bring to a boil then add smoked white cheddar cheese. Remove pan from heat and stir until cheese has melted.
To assemble Po’boy:
Place eggs, onions, bell pepper, celery and sausage on French bread. Drizzle with cheese sauce. Garnish with scallions.
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 French loaf, sliced
- 5 eggs
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 spicy sausages, split down middle
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- ¼ c. white wine
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 8 oz. smoked white cheddar, shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped