Grilled Herb-Marinated Porterhouse Steaks
WHAT TO DO | MARINATE
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and mustard.
2. Add onion, garlic, thyme and rosemary to the bowl and mix well.
3. Pour marinade into one or two large zip lock bags. Place steaks in the bag and make sure marinade thoroughly covers all parts of the meat.
4. Place bag in refrigerator for four to six hours, turning once or twice during this time.
5. Remove meat from bag. Discard the thyme and rosemary. Season with kosher salt and fire up the grill.
WHAT TO DO | GRILLING
1. Prepare a clean, well-oiled charcoal or gas grill so that the coals or heat is medium-high.
2. Brush both sides of the marinated steak with olive oil. If desired, sprinkle with garlic and/or herbs and set aside. Grill the steaks, turning once. Cook until meat reaches desired doneness.
3. Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Slice steak, place on a platter and serve.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 6 (2-inch) pieces of rosemary sprigs
- 2-16oz. porterhouse steaks