Grilled BBQ Vegetarian Burger
What To Do
1. Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to high heat. Lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
2. Add bell pepper, onions and garlic into mashed beans, still well.
3. In a small bowl, add egg, salt, chili powder, cumin and hot sauce. Stir well and pour into the mashed beans. Mix in breadcrumbs until the mixture holds together. Divide mixture into two patties.
5. If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and build your burgers.
- 8 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 fresh organic egg
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ head butter lettuce
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ready-made BBQ sauce
- 2 select burger buns