Egg and Vegetable Pulled Beef Casserole
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place pie crust into a deep-dish square casserole dish. Set aside.
3. Add olive oil into a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Sauté mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, asparagus and okra, cooking until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Whisk together eggs and heavy cream until light and fluffy. Add salt, creole seasoning and pepper. Stir in bacon, mushroom, onions, bell peppers, pulled pork and cheese. Pour ingredients into casserole dish and bake for 35-45 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
5. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with scallions and tomatoes. Serve warm.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. baby market mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 c. asparagus, chopped
- 3 okras, sliced
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Kosher salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. Creole seasoning
- Black pepper to taste
- 8 slices thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ c. leftover pulled beef short rib meat
- 1½ c. smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 scallions, green parts thinly sliced
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, cored and diced