Double Turkey Mushroom Burger
WHAT TO DO
1. Combine ground turkey, onions, cooked mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well. Separate turkey mixture into two, equally sized burger patties. Set aside.
2. Coat pan with olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Place burger patties in pan and fry for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
3. Top patties with cheese and cover pan for 1 minute or until cheese has melted on meat. Spread mayonnaise on buns. Place patties on buns and top with lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with your favorite sides.
- 12 ounces lean ground turkey
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- ½ lb. fresh select mushrooms, ready cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 large slices tomato