Creamy Potato and Brisket Soup
WHAT TO DO
1. Heat a cast iron Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoon of canola oil and cook onions for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, butter, potatoes, chicken stock and cream. Bring to a boil.
2. Pour soup into blender and puree until smooth. Add 3/4 cup of cheese and stir until soup thickens.
3. Serve and garnish with hot brisket, remaining cheese and green onions. Drizzle soup with olive oil and serve hot.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 Yukon potatoes, quartered, skin on and parboiled
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked brisket, chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper