Cornmeal Crusted Fried Gulf Shrimp
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oil to 375 degrees 1/2. Line a baking tray with paper towels and set aside. In a baking dish, whisk together flour, cornmeal, cayenne, paprika, black pepper and salt.
2. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Dredge shrimp in the dry mixture. Deep-fry in batches.
3. Fry shrimp for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon. Drain on a paper towel lined baking tray. Serve hot.
- 1 ½ quarts canola oil, for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 12 large gulf shrimp (peeled and deveined)