Chicken Fried Steak
WHAT TO DO :Chicken Fried Pork Steaks:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper; set aside. Combine flour, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a shallow dredging pan.
3. Whisk buttermilk, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a separate dredging pan.
4. Dip pork chops in buttermilk mixture; then dredge in flour-cornmeal mixture. Set aside.
5. Pour oil in a large cast iron skillet. Fry pork chops, 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove chops from skillet and place on a wire roasting rack. Place rack in oven for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender (Depending on the thickness of chops).
6. Remove chops from oven and serve with gravy and sautéed kale.
1. Add bacon to a cast iron skillet on medium high heat; cook until rendered. Remove bacon from skillet and coarsely chop; set aside. Add onions to skillet and sauté until softened and slightly browned.
2. Add kale to skillet and stir occasionally until kale is wilted and tender. Season kale with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in bacon and serve with pork chops.
- 4 (6-8-oz.) bone-in thick cut pork chops
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ tbsp. cayenne powder
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 5 slices smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp. yellow onions, diced
- 2 bunches of kale, stems removed and rough chopped
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper