BBQ Shrimp with French Bread
WHAT TO DO
1.) In a medium bowl, season the shrimp with the creole seasoning. Set aside.
2.) Heat canola oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, toss in the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the shrimp to the pan, and cook until bright pink, about 1 minute.
3.) Remove shrimp from pan with a slotted spoon. Place on a plate and set aside. Pour the beer, lemon juice, clam juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, apple-cider vinegar, bay leaves, and peppercorns into pan; bring to a simmer. Cook sauce for about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened
4.) Whisk the cubes of butter into the sauce. Once butter has melted, add the shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes. Serve shrimp and sauce in bowls with crusty bread for dipping.
- 1 ½ lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- ½ cup Red Strip beer
- Juice from one Lemon
- 6 oz. clam juice
- 3 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons sweet-smoked barbecue sauce, ready made (optional)
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- ½ stick unsalted cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 French loaf bread