WHAT TO DO
1. Heat a medium-large cast iron Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp. butter and sausages and cook until crispy, about 3-5 minutes. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Cook vegetables until fragrant about 2-3 additional minutes.
2. Add remaining softened butter and flour. Cook until fully incorporated. Slowly whisk in chicken stock. Bring to a rolling boil then reduce to a low simmer. Cook for about 10-12 minutes then add herb bundle.
3. Add heavy cream and Mirliton squash. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes, whisking constantly until slightly thickened.
4. In a medium bowl add bread cubes, melted butter, garlic, jalapeños peppers and parmesan cheese. Toss well and set aside.
5. Garnished soup with parmesan croutons and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.