WHAT YOU NEED
1/3 c. creole mustard
4 slices thick cut rustic bread
2 c. cooked roast beef, shredded
1 lb. block pepper jack cheese, shredded
½ stick unsalted butter, softened
3 large kosher dill pickles, sliced lengthwise
CHIVE POTATO CHIPS:
½ gal. canola oil
4 ½ c. water
1/3 c. white distilled vinegar
6 russet potatoes, scrubbed, skin on and thinly sliced
2 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. fresh chives, thinly sliced
WHAT TO DO
1. Spread mustard on one side of each slice of bread.
2. Place shredded meat on bread and top with cheese. Add butter to hot grill pan and place sandwich in grill pan; cook for 1 minute.
3. Place second slice of bread on top of meat, turn over and place a brick covered in foil on top. Cook for about 30 seconds or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Remove sandwiches from pan and slice diagonally. Serve with dill pickles and chive potato chips.
Chive Potato Chips:
1. Preheat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Skillet should reach 400 degrees.
2. Place water and vinegar into a large bowl. Add potatoes to the water mixture. Let sit at least 30 minutes. Remove potatoes from water and place on paper towels to dry out.
Working in batches, carefully place potatoes into hot oil and cook until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes from oil and place on a paper towel-lined tray. Season with sea salt and finely chopped chives.